[Freeswitch-users] Miscellaneous question

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:17:09 MSK 2015

I have some points where I request you to please comment...

1- When using sched_hangup to auto hangup call in XX seconds, does
freeswitch uses some considerable additional resource? Like may be creating
one extra thread to time call or such call limit is anyway part of the
design whether someone uses or not.

2- I have read in some articles where it is mentioned that freeswitch is
able to bridge media (all RTP packets pass through freeswitch) without
degrading "quality". Is it different than using RTPPROXY/mediaproxy better
or worse? (Assuming IVR/conference etc are not being used)