[Freeswitch-users] REg IVR and codec negotiation

indra sena myforums.indra at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:05:32 MSK 2015

Hi Steven,

Thanks for all your deep insights and bearing with interminable questions.

1) But I'd first look at why the B-leg isn't being offered more codecs.
Avoiding transcoding would be more of an optimisation, you still need to
look at why the gateway wasn't offered G711.
I have found the reason for why gateway wasn't offered G711, because form
my dialplan is sending absolute_codec_string as 'ep_codec_string', i.e.
"absolute_codec_string=\${ep_codec_string}". It is received by fs as
"absolute_codec_string=G729 at 8000h@20i at 8000b,PCMU at 8000h@20i at 64000b" but
while parsing with switch_separate_string_string() it only assigning to
first one  upto first "," (there is a stmt Make sure you have single quotes
( 'PCMA,PCMU' ) around comma ( ',' ) separated list of codecs to protect it
from parsing list of variables inside of
{var1=val1,var2=val2,absolute_codec_string='GSM,PCMU'}). next cdecs are
considering as separate vars and it is considering like this.

Q1: So do we need to send all codecs by substituting instead
'ep_codec_string' like absolute_codec_string='G729,PCMU' from dialplan or
can we send 'ep_codec_string' any other way from dialplan so that it can
parse properly?

After hardcoding absolute_codec_string='G729,PCMU' in dialplan , B-leg is
getting offer with both G729, G711 and it is responding but due to
transcoder is not there there no voice between these two.

2) Before the bridge to that gateway you could try renegotiating the aleg
codec to G711, but it might not work with every client.
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#uuid_media_reneg
Q1) As I need to avoid transcoder and IVR should be present. So after
playing IVR can we need to renegotiate with A-leb by uuid_media_reneg , can
we achieve this functionality through dialplan configuration ?

3Q)  FS-880 jeera
https://freeswitch.org/jira/si/jira.issueviews:issue-html/FS-880/, they
mentioned that playing your ringback then using refer "deflect" app to
blind transfer the call to the same box in proxy mode.How this will work.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,
GISR.