[Freeswitch-users] Detecting multiple tones with freeswitch

Bunea Lucian lucibunea at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:32:25 MSK 2015

I have a dedicated short number and multiple DIDs. I also have a
database with customer phone numbers and their corresponding DIDs.
Each field agent has a mobile phone (from the same provider).
When a call comes in freeswitch automatically routes the call to the
designated field agent via the corresponding DID.
I want to monitor what happens with the call after that, to be able to
decide what to do with the call next.
So basically, the call never leaves the provider's network.

Btw, I did asked the provider to switch back the settings but the
feedback was:
"The behavior is normal because for calls made inside Vodafone network,
we generate tones. Thus, for Busy, we play specific tone and then
disconnect the call, signaling with SIP 480 (corresponding to the end of
announcement). If a call comes from another network, User Busy is
signaled on ISUP and SIP returned as such. The settings can not be
changed per customer. "
Unofficially, they acknowledged that their PBX behaved differently
before because it was not correctly configured.

PS: My provider sends the description of the tones using a reason header
inside the SIP/183 message. But I was unable to find a way to extract it:

http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2014-March/103645.html