[Freeswitch-users] MP2

Thomas Auge auge at virtues.net
Sat Jan 3 20:27:49 MSK 2015

A very interesting tech demo, but from his own readme, it might not be suitable for a freeswitch module:

  - imprecise: due to the integer-only implementation, many rounding errors will
    occur; expect a 45-55 dB noise margin!
  - slow: it implements the synthesis process from the spec, which is very slow
    (82 multiplications, 1-2 divisions and countless shifts and additions per
    sample!)
  - not robust: it may easily crash on broken input data. Also, it ignores CRC
    values completely.
  - not thread-safe

A bit of a bummer, because a lightweight decoder on top of twolame would have been nice.