[Freeswitch-users] Where to go from here?

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 20:55:26 MSK 2015

Let me begin with my apologies for again starting a new thread on this same topic.
I am still not receiving the email notifications for postings so I am unable to Reply to them and thereby keep the thread contiguous.

=================================

I tried having my SIP line vendor change the port to 5080 and that initially helped, but did not, by itself, fully establish the connection.

I then made changes to the following configuration xml files
    conf\vars.xml
       I changed the default Password
       I defined the  external_sip_ip  & external_rtp_ip  to be those of my SIP vendor

    conf/dialplan\public\00_inbound_did.xml
      I added in a new 'extension' which reflected the phone number of the 'caller'  and defined the Action to take

With these changes things started working (albeit in a simplistic manner)

Then, in order to minimize the variables, I had my SIP line vendor return to its original port  5060
Things continued to work as before.
So the 'outside' line port did not seem to make any significant difference.

I will likely start a new thread about how to install in-house SIP phones onto the FreeSWITCH system (which xml files to modify, etc.) if I cannot make the correct guesses on my own.

( I hope that the list admin can 'knit' these various threads back into a single consolidated thread )

Thank you for your advice/assistance.