[Freeswitch-users] Mod_shout libfacc support

Eloy Coto Pereiro eloy.coto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:55:24 MSK 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to play a libfaac[0] files into my Freeswitch, but I can't get
it working. Play mp3 files work ok, but encoding with libfacc doesn't work.

This is my config in mod_shout:

<action application="playback" data="shout://localhost/suite.mp4"/>

In the other hand, I tried mod_vlc to play mp4 files, but It didn't work
too. I compiled from sources, and tried with debian backports too.

<action application="playback" data="vlc://http://localhost/suite.m4a"/>

In both cases http request work, reply 200 ok and with data. Play mp3 with
both modules work ok.

In the other hand, mod_shout and mod_vlc are loaded correctly, and
module_exists return always True.

Any idea? Is libfaac supported?

[0] https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC#libfaac

Regards