[Freeswitch-users] Where to go from here?

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Feb 24 04:18:26 MSK 2015

Actually, the vanilla configuration files that come with FreeSWITCH allow
you to run it as-is. Where to go from here depends entirely on your needs.

Start with vars.xml to set global constants. Most are commented sufficiently
in the file.

Then the sip_profiles allow you to tweak any settings, where each profile
represents a unique i.p. address and port on your system.

The directory contains known stations that will register with FS and
contains 20 example extensions from 1000 through 1019 to get you started,
but by no means limits you.

The dialplan has a gazillion examples, many of which you should move to
other files to hold them and simplify your learning and troubleshooting.

Then just play with it to understand how to read the log output and explore
how changes to the configuration files affect the operation of FreeSWITCH.
This can be invaluable later on when you need to make changes or
troubleshoot a live production switch.

The Confluence wiki is growing and should give you a good start:
http://freeswitch.org/confluence

Bote