[Freeswitch-users] B leg ringing when Caller hangup before answer

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Fri Feb 20 01:14:06 MSK 2015

Your FXO port connects to an analog telephone line that supplies battery FROM THE OTHER END, typically a central office switch or PBX. This is how telephones have worked for 100 years; there is no extra cost to it. Because it is so common I suggested this as your first method to try since it works well, all you must do is tell your TDM400P to watch for it. (This is a concept similar to the gentleman who is receiving invalid Caller*ID info from the far end switch; it is out of his control and the other end must correct it.)

If that is not available, then try detecting call progress tones coming from the far end of the FXO connection.

If this can’t be done, then there is nothing left to do.

In any case, this has NOTHING to do with SIP. You must detect conditions on the analog line in the analog domain using the equipment connected to that analog telephone line. That is the source of the information that you seek, not in FreeSWITCH and not in SIP.

Bote