[Freeswitch-users] How can I trigger a ZRTP connection on an existing call?

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Tue Feb 10 20:58:21 MSK 2015

Hello Brian,

thanks for the hint. In the meantime, I tried both, setting zrtp
globally in Freeswitch and having zrtp in the original dialplan and in
the {}-Variables for dialing the B party. This did not help.

Then I totally disabled ZRTP inside FSs and in the dialplans and grepped
on the network. Then I issued a "uuid_media off" for starting a reinvite
between the 2 endpoints. On the Freeswitch console, I could see, that
ZRTP is exchanged in the SDP, although Freeswitch does a reinvite with ZRTP.
Having a look at the channel variables, I could see that

  * variable_rtp_local_sdp_str does _not_ contain ZRTP
  * variable_switch_m_sdp _does_ contain ZRTP
  * variable_switch_r_sdp _does_ contain ZRTP

But ZRTP however is not started on both sides. Then I killed Freeswitch
during a call and started again, the calls were automatically recovered,
and ZRTP was there. But this was surely done with a normal invite, right?

I tried with CsipSimple on Android and Jitsi nightly on Ubuntu. Both
clients behave the same. I assume, that they will not start ZRTP on a
reinvite.

So unless there is now way to reistablish a call (I tried uuid_transfer
to the same number with autoanswer, but target number was still
considered as busy), I think it will not work.

Any other hints?

Best regards
Peter

Internet: www.telefaks.de