[Freeswitch-users] How can I trigger a ZRTP connection on an existing call?

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Tue Feb 10 14:53:40 MSK 2015

Hello,

I want to establish ZRTP, after I am bridging 2 calls, which have been
active already before.

My scenario is as follows:

  * Caller A is calling Freeswitch, the call is answered and an
    announcement is played
  * In the meantime Freeswitch calls another Party B and connects it to
    an internal IVR, where also announcements are played.
  * Now, after a while, I decide to connect the calls together, then
    send an "uuid_media off <uuid>" to the calling party A leg,
    reinvites occur and bypass media works.
  * However the 2 SIP clients (Csipsimple) do not start a ZRTP session
  * If caller A calls B directly via bypass media, the ZRTP is active,
    by the way.

I suspect that ZRTP somehow should be forced or triggered. Is there a
way to do that? I already invited the B leg with
"zrtp_secure_media=true" and issued

  uuid_setvar 1bd508af-19c7-4e38-8621-731baaf33920 zrtp_secure_media true
  uuid_media off 1bd508af-19c7-4e38-8621-731baaf33920
to the A leg. But this did not work.

The main question should be: How can I trigger a ZRTP connection on an
existing call?

--
With kind regards
Peter Steinbach