[Freeswitch-users] SIP Proxy - Kamailio/Opens* load-balancing - simple example please?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:53:28 MSK 2015

Following on from my original response, which was just a link to an
existing example. Here are some answers which are a bit
Kamailio-centric:

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:
> 1) I have inbound calls via various carriers. Some only support an IP
> endpoint (so DNS won't work) and some don't support 302 redirects, so I
> can't use a stateless FS endpoint either, so I need a sip proxy.

Do you want avoid using FS as a back to hack user agent?

> 2) I need a SIP proxy that will route calls to various FreeSWITCH endpoints.
> (Preferably, it should route registration too (or manage registration list
> itself?))

Kamailio is a SIP registrar, so you can implement registration with it
alone. But it can forward the REGISTER to FS if that suits you better.

> 3) I need the ability to pull freeswitch nodes out of the routing (waiting
> for them to drain is fine, I don't need failover of live calls) to perform
> maintenance, and then add them back to the routing.

You could potentially use the dispatcher module in Kamailio for this.
The dispatcher does have a reload command that you can invoke
actively, or you could leave it up to dispatcher to detect that an FS
node has been taken offline. It depends on the specific semantics you
want to support.

> 4) I should be able to have this proxy on a floating IP that I can move this
> too, without downtime, for maintenance work.

Depending on your OS, you could use a CARP device for your SIP listen
IP - this might allow you to take a node offline.