[Freeswitch-users] SIP Proxy - Kamailio/Opens* load-balancing - simple example please?

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 3 20:27:51 MSK 2015

Avi,

I understand your reluctance, as I've been down this path too.
Admittedly OpenSIPS and Kamailio both have a pretty steep learning curve
even when compared to FS.  The trick to remember is that your config in
either OpenSIPS or Kamailio are SIP message base, because first and
foremost both operate on an individual SIP message basis, and it's only
via the tm module that you get transactional SIP awareness, and limited
dialog awareness with the dialog module.  But believe me that it's well
worth the time spent to learn these systems, as they are highly powerful
and you may find you want to do a lot more than just what you outlined,
but you'll also have the power to implement that as well.

As for more stateful load balancing, there is the loadbalance module
which can track capabilities that you define on your entries, as the
dispatcher module is basically just a fire-and-forget without any actual
load management.

--
Yossi Neiman