[Freeswitch-users] Understanding BW test in verto protocol

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:43:12 MSK 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Carlos González Florido <
carlosj.gf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are developing an open source,  distributed, scalable media processing
> framework (using excellent Freeswitch as the media core) and we are
> implementing a Verto protocol proxy as part of it.
>
> We have some doubts related to the bandwidth test implemented in 1.6.5.
> Please tell me if I am correct:
>
> 1. First, the client sends "#SPU (number1)" where number1 is the amount of
> bytes it is going to send next with "#SPB" messages (262.144 in my case).
> 2. Then it finishes with a "#SPE" message.
> 3. The server answers then with a #SPU (number2), and seems to send 10x
> bytes (2.621.440 in my case) What does number2 mean?

The duration it took to receive those bytes.

> 4. Then, the server finishes with a "#SPD (number3)". Again, what does
> number3 mean?

The duration it took to send its bytes back.

> More questions would be:
> - Is it possible to put several (many) of concurrent 'invites' over the
> same verto connection or you really need to open a new connection for each
> call? Would it be efficient?
> - Is it possible to 'insert' a channel into Freeswitch without using any
> endpoint? (Verto or SIP) I mean, an API for sending an SDP and destination
> number (over the event socket connection for example) and getting a reply
> SDP from Freeswitch?

We have plans for the next stage of evolution for all of this.  So you may
want to participate rather than trying to do your own thing.

> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Carlos Gonzalez.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬