[Freeswitch-users] Re- UUID logging to freeswitch log file missing for Lua freeswitch.consoleLog() logging

Andrew Keil andrew.keil at visytel.com
Fri Dec 11 04:48:46 MSK 2015

To FreeSWITCH users,

Re- FreeSWITCH version 1.6.5

I just noticed that inside the /log/freeswitch.log file (and also down the Event Socket Layer side) that the uuid is not logged when calls to freeswitch.consoleLog(...) are made from inside a Lua script.

For example:

freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "Test message\n") logs inside /log/freeswitch.log:

2015-12-11 12:27:57.960004 [INFO] switch_cpp.cpp:1356 Test message

whereas other logging automatically prefixes with the session uuid (for example):

f014f888-44e5-4edc-98e9-420ab2fe3698 2015-12-11 12:14:06.326636 [NOTICE] switch_cpp.cpp:683 Channel [sofia/internal/1000 at 192.168.15.50] has been answered

Also when looking into the ESL side I noticed that the same is true for ESL events (Content-Type:log/data) where the "User-Data" header is empty for the freeswitch.consoleLog logging calls, however contains the session uuid for other log messages.

My question is whether there is a simple switch inside a configuration file to enable uuid logging from Lua scripts (especially for the freeswitch.consoleLog(...) function calls)?

I understand that I could simply add the uuid inside the log message string myself for all freeswitch.consoleLog(...) function calls, however I would have thought that internally (since the uuid is available to the Lua script via session:getVariable("uuid")) that the uuid could be logged like it is in other parts of FreeSWITCH already.

Regards,

Andrew Keil