[Freeswitch-users] High load with low cpu utilization

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:30:08 MSK 2015

Load avg is often skewed in many CPU env from the scheduler and RT threads
used in FS.
Its better to trust the results of top -H `cat
/usr/local/freeswitch/run/freeswitch.pid` and make audible calls to listen
to the audio and make sure its working.

Also, we do not really touch Centos7 other than to make packages for it,
its only community-supported and we don't know the details of how its
kernel is configured etc.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Adam Kuśmirek <amkusmirek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> We see a high load on server with two 10 core HT processors.
> cat /proc/cpuinfo shows 40 processors.
>
> 1 minute load average is often grater than 70 when processing ~120
> concurrent calls.
>
> CPU utilization shows 97%idle and 0.1%wa
> I checked also io stats and everything looks OK.
>
> Operating system Centos 7
> uname -a
> Linux pbx-fs-drc.ib 3.10.0-229.7.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 23 22:06:11
> UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Below link to pastebin with gdb output
>
> gdb /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
> /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.gcore.2699
> set pagination off
> thread apply all bt
>
> https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/24487
>
> We are planning to run much more concurrent calls but do not understand
> these stats.
> Why processes are waiting in queue and we do not see any bottleneck ?
>

> Please help

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH