[Freeswitch-users] ESL library for the Dart programming language

Kim Rostgaard Christensen krc at retrospekt.dk
Mon Aug 10 12:33:29 MSD 2015

Follow-up. Hopefully answering Ben's question and teaching me to
re-enable mail delivery from the FS-list.

The library was originally created as replacement for Ada version of my
esl lib[1]. We use the library as a support component for a product we
are building.

The product is an application for receptionists, enabling them to
accept, originate and transfer calls. For this purpose, they have a
client PC which provides them with information about companies owning
the reception, their employees, calendar data and what-have-you-not.
Basically a specialized call-center solution - only everything is FOSS.

Every receptionist has a phone which is connected to a FreeSWITCH
instance. The client is browser-based, and call-control is proxied via
this to gain better control of which calls go where. This is handled by
the call-flow-control service[2], which also maintains a view of the
current PBX state (channels and peers).

The above described service uses the lib for communication and is, thus,
a core component of our stack.

On an unrelated note, we are also doing some cool stuff with automated
acceptance testing, performing automated call-scenario playbacks (via
remote controlled phones) from tests to avoid feature regressions during
development. But I can go on for many paragraphs about that, so I'll
just leave it at the teaser.

[1] https://github.com/rostgaard/libesl-ada
[2]
https://github.com/Bitstackers/ServerStack/tree/master/lib/callflowcontrol