[Freeswitch-users] Peer to Peer as compared to sipxecs

Naveen Khanna naveen.khanna.bm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:08:57 MSD 2015

Hi,

Recently I am being asked about peer to peer communication capabilities of freeswtich as compared to sipxecs.

As I understand that NAT is a blocker for having peer to peer communication, but It appears that spixecs has some work arounds. So I thought I will bring my understanding to this forum and get some clarity on the Subject.

There are three scenarios :

#1 Freeswitch, and 2 SIP phones are in the same NAT.
#2 Freeswitch and 2 SIP phones are in 2 separate NATs. i.e. Freeswitch is in one NAT and 2 SIP Phones are behind 1 common ADSL connection
#3 Freeswitch and 2 SIP phones are in 3 separate NATs. i.e. Freeswitch is in on NAT and 2 SIP Phones are behind 2 ADSL connection provide by different ISP.

As per my understanding #1 is fairly possible in freeswitch, however I need to how does freeswitch #2 and #3.

Regards,

Naveen Khanna