[Freeswitch-users] What's wrong with Fax ECM and T.38?

David Witham david.witham at netsip.com.au
Tue Apr 21 09:09:47 MSD 2015

Hi Victor,

I haven't observed that myself (although I hadn't looked for it either) but it makes some sense. ECM is used in T.30 to force retransmission where checksum errors are detected. This is effectively the same thing that is trying to be achieved with the redundancy packet mechanism in t.38 so I guess those two mechanisms could conceivably conflict, effectively re-transmitting re-transmitted packets.

regards,
David