[Freeswitch-users] nohz=off CentOS 6.6 needed?

Martin Tomczyk martin.tomczyk at legion.de
Fri Apr 17 12:01:55 MSD 2015

I thought that these are priority settings they you can set depending on your env too?!

My daemon starts with –nc only. Is that wrong?

Anyway. Yesterday I switched from the high loaded cpu machine to another one.

During this time 5 calls (yes, five) caused a usage of all 8 cores with 2 ht cores consuming 100% of the esxi cpu power with round about 24GHz.

But the calls were handled flawless and went totally normal.

A service restart did not bring freeswitch up and it was stuck in the state:

Service freeswitch dead but subsys locked

Which was due to a stale pid file based on a crashed stop or start.

But why this cpu spike happened is the big question.

I will monitor it and give feedback if I find something.