[Freeswitch-users] nohz=off CentOS 6.6 needed?

Martin Tomczyk martin.tomczyk at legion.de
Fri Apr 17 00:49:51 MSD 2015

Thanks.
Well maybe it has something to do with the daemon script that we started
using additionaly:
it has the daemon args -nc

Attached the whole script. How does it differ from the regular running
of /usr/local/freeswitch/bin and then ./freeswitch?

#!/bin/bash

#

#       /etc/rc.d/init.d/freeswitch

#

#       The FreeSwitch Open Source Voice Platform

#

#  chkconfig: 345 89 14

#  processname: freeswitch

#  config: /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/freeswitch.conf

#  pidfile: /usr/local/freeswitch/run/freeswitch.pid

#

# Source function library.

. /etc/init.d/functions

PROG_NAME=freeswitch

PID_FILE=${PID_FILE-/var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid}

FS_USER=${FS_USER-freeswitch}

FS_FILE=${FS_FILE-/usr/bin/freeswitch}

FS_HOME=${FS_HOME-/var/run/freeswitch}

LOCK_FILE=/var/lock/subsys/freeswitch

FREESWITCH_ARGS="-nc"

RETVAL=0

# Source usr/localions file

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/freeswitch ]; then

       . /etc/sysconfig/freeswitch

fi

# <define any local shell functions used by the code that follows>

start() {

        echo -n "Starting $PROG_NAME: "

        if [ -e $LOCK_FILE ]; then

            if [ -e $PID_FILE ] && [ -e /proc/`cat $PID_FILE` ]; then

               echo

                echo -n $"$PROG_NAME is already running.";

                failure $"$PROG_NAME is already running.";

                echo

                return 1

            fi

        fi

       cd $FS_HOME

        daemon --user $FS_USER --pidfile $PID_FILE "$FS_FILE
$FREESWITCH_ARGS $FREESWITCH_PARAMS >/dev/null 2>&1"

              RETVAL=$?

              echo

        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch $LOCK_FILE;

       echo

        return $RETVAL

}

stop() {

        echo -n "Shutting down $PROG_NAME: "

        if [ ! -e $LOCK_FILE ]; then

            echo

            echo -n $"cannot stop $PROG_NAME: $PROG_NAME is not
running."

            failure $"cannot stop $PROG_NAME: $PROG_NAME is not
running."

            echo

            return 1;

        fi

       cd $FS_HOME

       $FS_FILE -stop > /dev/null 2>&1

        killproc $PROG_NAME

       RETVAL=$?

       echo

       [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] &&  rm -f $LOCK_FILE;

        return $RETVAL

}

rhstatus() {

       status $PROG_NAME;

}

case "$1" in

    start)

        start

        ;;

    stop)

        stop

        ;;

    status)

        status $PROG_NAME

       RETVAL=$?

        ;;

    restart)

        stop

        start

        ;;

    reload)

#        <cause the service configuration to be reread, either with

#        kill -HUP or by restarting the daemons, in a manner similar

#        to restart above>

        ;;

    condrestart)

        [ -f $PID_FILE ] && restart || :

       ;;

    *)

        echo "Usage: $PROG_NAME {start|stop|status|reload|restart}"

        exit 1

        ;;

esac

exit $RETVAL