[Freeswitch-users] transfer on fail in originate string for A Leg

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh1017 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 15:44:10 MSD 2015

Hi,
I am looking at parking the A Leg of the call when the B Leg in the
originate string fails for any reason. In the current scenario the A Leg
just hangs up even if it has the park_after_bridge variable set to true.
Basically, the park_after_bridge comes into the picture when the B leg is
answered and then B Leg hangs up. I tried the following and it worked:
originate {transfer_on_fail='USER_BUSY BRIDGE_FAIL XML
bridge_fail',park_after_bridge=true}sofia/abc/1234 at dest_ip
&bridge(sofia/abc/5678 at dest_ip)
Then I have a dialplan as:
<context name=bridge_fail>
  <extension name="bridge_fail">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="BRIDGE_FAIL">
      <action application="park"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>
</context>

This works perfectly when the B-Leg fails with USER_BUSY response and I
figured that if I comma separate the hangup causes it will work for the
causes that I have defined. But I want the A Leg to get parked if the B Leg
fails in any scenario so that I dont miss out on some weird Hangup Cause. I
read about auto_cause which can be used in place of the HANGUP Causes but
that doesn't seem to work as expected.

Is there a straight forward way where I can replace the USER_BUSY with a
string which will catch all hangup cause and allow the call to be taken to
destination and context defined?? Any assistance will be of great help.

Thanks,

- Jayesh