[Freeswitch-users] Cannot call OUT

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 23:21:32 MSD 2015

To the list admin - please delete the previous 2 postings from me on this Subject as 'dead wood'
                         I don't know how I posted the same info twice and, in so doing, broke the thread.
                         Plus at this point the info contained is obsolete.

Regardless...
To the other gurus.....

On the FreeSWITCH Confluence ( https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/XML+Dialplan )  it says:
    Dialing Through A Gateway (SIP Provider)

     A gateway is a means for making outbound calls through a SIP provider. For example:    sofia/gateway/mygateway.com/1234

     This will dial through the gateway named "mygateway.com" to user 1234.
     Note how there is no need to append anything after the user "1234"

On attempting to call to an 'outside' number I see the following In my FS log:
       bridge(sofia/gateway/velocity_outbound/nnnnnnnnnn)
which, according to the FS Confluence info, should initiate the call through the defined Gateway -- velocity_outbound
AND I should see the number going to to the defined SIP Gateway Proxy in the log file
     ( NOTE - the SIP Gateway Proxy IP is included in the   acl_conf.xml   file as "allow" )

But the log NEVER shows that this is happening.

In fact I NEVER see any reference after that point to the SIP Gateway Proxy at all

Why is this not working?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TF