[Freeswitch-users] Cannot call OUT

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 21:34:18 MSD 2015

My FS Server is working to:
*  Allow 'internal' extensions to call each other
*  Allow 'external' calls to be received and routed as intended

But I cannot place a call from 'inside' to an 'outside' number

In the file    conf/sip_profiles/external/velocity_gateway.xml    I have my Gateway defined
Within that file I have defined:
     -<gateway name="velocity_outbound">
     username
     password
     Proxy IP address
     register=false (not needed)

And in conf/sip_profiles/external.xml  I have the command
         <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="external/velocity_gateway.xml"/>

In my   conf/dialplan/default/outbound_via_velocity.xml   I have defined the 'extensions'
     local_call.velocity
     long_distance_call.velocity
Among the other 'extension' parameters is includes:     <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/velocity_outbound/$1"/>

In my conf/dialplan/default.xml   I have the command:
        <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd = "include" data = "default/outbound_via_velocity.xml"/>

As a result, within FS_CLI, when I do a   sofia status   I see the following:
                     Name                        Type                                       Data                            State
            external-ipv6                        profile                   sip:mod_sofia@[::1]:5080               RUNNING (0)
external-ipv6::velocity_outbound        gateway           sip:FreeSWITCH at velocity_outbound    NOREG
                 external                         profile           sip:mod_sofia at 192.168.nnn.nn:5080         RUNNING (0)
external::velocity_outbound              gateway           sip:FreeSWITCH at velocity_outbound    NOREG
external::velocity_outbound              gateway            sip:ClancySystems at 208.nn.nnn.nn     NOREG
            192.168.nnn.nn                     alias                                   internal                            ALIASED
            internal-ipv6                        profile                   sip:mod_sofia@[::1]:5060                RUNNING (0)
                 internal                          profile           sip:mod_sofia at 192.168.nnn.nn:5060         RUNNING (0)

BUT when I attempt to make a call to an 'outside' number I find the following.....

In my log I see where the outbound 'extension' is found
     (PASS) [local_call.velocity] destination_number(9nnnnnnnnnn) =~ /^9(\d{10})$/ break=on-false
and it utilized the defined Gateway  (velocity_outbound)
    Action bridge(sofia/gateway/velocity_outbound/nnnnnnnnnn)
>From that point in the log, things continue, but do not lead to success.

In the log I NEVER SEE that Gateway's Proxy IP utilized to make the call

I do see where it looks like things are trying to move forward
      [NOTICE] switch_channel.c:1055 New Channel sofia/external-ipv6/nnnnnnnnnn
And subsequent log lines continue to reference   sofia/external-ipv6/......
   Such as:       Send signal sofia/external-ipv6/nnnnnnnnnn [BREAK]

BUT at the network level my server is only using  IPV4 and not utilizing  IPV6 at all.
And  NOT defined to be included in   external-ipv6.xml

Why is this not utilizing the Gateway defined in   external.xml  ?