[Freeswitch-users] FS + WinSvr2008 - OK; FS + WinSvr2012 - NOT SO GOOD

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 17:32:15 MSD 2015

I know that many of you are using Linux with FS, but a few of us are using Windows OS's.

I had a virtual server running FS + Windows Server 2008 up and running OK, but we wanted to put FS into a 'real' physical server.
And we are currently using FS 1.5.12b (32bit)

As a result of wanting to make the server change in mind I set up a new physical server.
And wanting to run the most recent OS, I set it up to run Windows Server 2012
BUT I had LOTS of problems trying to get that running with SIP phones.

The most recent problem was reported as:
     The error messages are:
            Error Creating SIP UA for profile:  external-ipv6.......
            Error Creating SIP UA for profile:  internal-ipv6.......

     The likely causes for this are....
           1. Another application is already listening on the specific address
           2. The IP the profile is attempting to bind to is not local to this system

But I had repeatedly confirmed that neither of the 'likely causes' was valid.

Out of frustration I changed the server's OS to Windows Server 2008 (consistent with the previous virtual server)
That, by itself, resolved the problem.

Now without any change to the server's previous IP and no change to the FS Port, the new FS server was working.

There MUST be something wrong with that version of FS running under Windows Server 2012.

If anyone knows what the problem might be and how to resolve it, I'd appreciate learning what it might be.

Thanks,
TF