[Freeswitch-users] Error Creating SIP UA for ......

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 00:25:01 MSD 2015

Newest challenge....

I built a new Windows Server box having the same single network configuration (IP address, etc.) as a previously working FreeSWITCH server which was running on a Virtual server (Win Server 2008).   Just in case it should matter, this new box is running Win Server 2012.

I next Installed FreeSWITCH onto the new physical server.

Then I copied all of the files from the working FreeSWITCH installation running on a Windows Virtual workstation to a new physical box and over-wrote all of the files under the FreeSWITCH 'root' directory.
After copying these files I changed the network address of the Virtual Server so as to prevent network conflicts.   And then I shut down the Virtual Server.

On the new physical server I attempted to Start Up FreeSWITCH.
The FS Service started fine, but looking at FS_CLI, I began getting error messages.

I have configured the physical server's network card to Not use IP_V6 at all - the same as it was in the Virtual server.
And in the FS    conf/sip_profiles/internal_ipv6   &   conf/sip_profiles/external_ipv6  directories I have no xml files
And no where was there a definition of    local_ip_v6    in either the working Virtual server nor in the new physical server.

The error messages are:
       Error Creating SIP UA for profile:  external-ipv6.......
       Error Creating SIP UA for profile:  internal-ipv6.......

      The likely causes for this are....
      1. Another application is already listening on the specific address
      2. The IP the profile is attempting to bind to is not local to this system

Questions:
 * This is a brand new server box only running FS, so I can't imagine there being something else listening to the address.  If so how would I know?
 * Since no IP for ipv6 was configured on the network card, nor within the FS xml files on the working Virtual server and the same exists on the new server box - what is going on?

Thanks,
TF