[Freeswitch-users] Early Media AMD

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 16 21:30:10 MSD 2014

This is the proverbial auto dialing chicken-and-egg scenario. There's a
love-hate relationship with early media. Sometimes the early media is handy
and sometimes it's annoying. Figuring out which is which can be a challenge.

Before you go down the path of AMD (which requires an investment of both
time and money) I'd assess the situation and find out if you can indeed
ignore all early media, or if you want to do the semi-magical trick of
monitoring early media and selectively ignoring or passing it. Start here:
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_monitor_early_media_ring

If you think that all early media is bad except for ringing then that may
just do the trick. Just keep in mind that no solution that tries to examine
audio like this will ever be 100% accurate. Still if you can get yourself
to 90% or more accurate then you're doing well, especially given the price
tag of FreeSWITCH. ;)

-MC