[Freeswitch-users] SIP OPTIONS pinger

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Wed Sep 10 20:41:57 MSD 2014

I want to get an idea of how well connected my fs boxes are to certain
SIP servers that we use.
The idea might be to send a SIP options packet to a remote address and
time how long it took to respond.

I suspect that fs can do something like this, but I was also wondering
if there exists an off-the-shelf Linux package (a bit like mrt) that can
do this. Failing that, some code in (say) PHP that can do it?

I would have some kind of scheduled job that would send out a SIP
options packet every 10s or so and keep track of the rtt.