[Freeswitch-users] PCMU codec issue (mismatch?) resulting in Incompatible Destination

Komar, Jason jkomar at jbox.ca
Sun Sep 7 02:22:15 MSD 2014

Hi Everyone,

I had a Raspberry Pi installation of the latest FreeSWITCH 1.2 branch
running on Gentoo. It was working great, but my SD card packed it in.

I thought I would try something different, so I loaded up Raspbian and
installed FreeSWITCH via Fusionpbx script.

I registered my Panasonic KX-TPA50 phone, but when doing a test call to MoH
or echo, I get an incompatible destination error. Looks like a codec
mismatch. Not sure what to look for though. I presume it's just a setting
somewhere.

Both FreeSWITCH and the phone have PCMU, but something is different in the
comparison as can be seen here:

[DEBUG] switch_core_media.c:3475 Audio Codec Compare
[PCMU:0:8000:30:32000:1]/[PCMU:0:8000:20:64000:1]

I understand the 8000, but I don't know what the other mismatched numbers
are or where to look to change a setting to get them to match.

The same mismatched numbers show when it compares G722 and PCMA.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jason