[Freeswitch-users] inbound-bypass-media

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:44:44 MSD 2014

Do a packet trace and see what IPs are in the SDP. Are they the LAN IPs?

Likely your phone or NAT router is setting/changing them to the external
one, which is required to get audio working through NAT normally (ie
connecting to something outside of your LAN). In this case it's the exact
opposite of what you want. You'll want to find a way to disable that
behaviour - which'll be done either on the phone or router (eg disable SIP
ALG).

Your other option is to see if there's any way to enable NAT loopback on
your router. The packets would still go to the external IP, so via the NAT
router which isn't ideal, but it would at least let them communicate
without the packets going over your WAN.