[Freeswitch-users] Peer Identity outdated after SIP transfer

Julio Cesar Esteves Cabezas jcabezas at inovax.com.br
Wed Oct 22 02:20:16 MSD 2014

    Let me, please, describe what I am trying to achieve:

    My company develops and sells a VoIP communication system and  today it
integrates some commercial 3rd party components that we'd like to replace by
open-source components, like Freeswitch.

    That would make our solution more affordable to small-sized clients.

    We are experimenting with Freeswitch to understand which of our system
requirements can be met by simply making an adequate configuration in FS and
which ones will need some development.

    As I reported, using FS, when an UserAgent A makes an unattended
transfer of UserAgent B to UserAgent C,  B does not receive any signalling
(Wireshark shows that) and so it cannot by any conceivable means get the
update that now it is connected to C and no more to A.

    There is certainly an alternate way to configure FS (maybe even at the
XML dialplan level) to behave differently, because any reasonably standard
system requires that update to happen.

    So, what do you recommend in Freeswitch for that ?

>  Brian West brian at freeswitch.org

>  Sat Oct 18 17:48:47 MSD 2014

after SIP transfer

SIP transfer

> that endpoint doesn't do display updates as far as I recall.

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Julio Cesar Esteves Cabezas <

> jcabezas at inovax.com.br> wrote:

> > I am using  version 1.5.12b~64bit ( 64bit)  for Windows.

> >  For now I am testing with soft-phones, X-Lite e.g.

> >  Anyway Wireshark running in transferee X-Lite host does not show any
SIP

> > messages during/after the transfer process, only in the call setup and
call

> > teardown.

> > Thanks.

What

> > FreeSWITCH rev?

> > On Friday, October 17, 2014, <jcabezas at inovax.com.br> wrote:

> > Hi,

> >   When user A blind-transfers user B to user C (using standard REFER

> > signaling) Freeswitch does the transfer and B then talks with C,  that's
OK.

> >   But B's UA still keeps displaying A as the peer and not C, as would be

> > correct.

> >   I need that information to be displayed up-to-date in the transferee
UA.

> >   How can that be achieved ?

> >   - A proxy-like way of dealing with transfer signaling can be enabled
in

> > FS ?

> >   - Any specific signaling for updating peer identity, between
Freeswitch