[Freeswitch-users] Strangeness on voicemail message creation

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:05:11 MSD 2014

Had a report of some accounts on our service not being able to take
voicemail messages.
When I investigated, it appeared that some voicemail storage directories
were not accessible because an actual voicemail file (.wav) had taken
the place of the directory!

eg. /usr/local/freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/1.2.3.4/0982123 is a
.wav file.

The version of Freeswitch is 1.2.22+git~20140223T182912Z~f009fd47a1~64bit

I just wondered if this apparent bug rings any bells with anyone here?

I reckon I could easily implement a crude workaround - which is to
schedule a job to look for non-directory files in the
/usr/local/freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/1.2.3.4 and delete them
if they exist!