[Freeswitch-users] [Announcement] FreeSWITCH 1.4.12 Released!!

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sat Oct 11 02:34:17 MSD 2014

Hi FreeSWITCHers!

The FreeSWITCH Team would like to announce FreeSWITCH 1.4.12!

This is a bug fix release and addresses a possible DoS.

Thanks to Travis Cross for finding and patching this issue.

commit b5294c53d694499fe0f4a807554154ca8c14dfa6
Author: Travis Cross <tc at traviscross.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 10 18:25:11 2014 +0000

    Fix crash on transport=tls with non-TLS profile

    We use the transport of the Contact header of the remote UAC to decide
    which of our own Contact addresses we should use when replying to a
    SUBSCRIBE or sending a presence NOTIFY.

    If TLS is not enabled on a Sofia profile, then the TLS Contacts for
    that profile are NULL.  Unfortunately we were using these NULL values
    uncritically when the remote UAC sent us a Contact header with a TLS
    transport and our own Sofia profile did not have TLS enabled.

    With this commit we fall back to our TCP Contact address when the
    remote Contact is TLS and our Sofia profile does not have TLS enabled.

There are a few other minor bug fixes also to address a media resume after
hold problem that is limited in scope and fixes to fs_encode for G722 file
encoding.

Source tarballs are available via http://files.freeswitch.org/ and packages
are available via the FreeSWITCH Yum and Debian repositories.

Have a Great Weekend!

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com