[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Behavior

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:45:32 MSD 2014

Thanks Steven,

So if I have understood this correctly,

- login-keys allows a user to login into his own voicemail box by
a. dialling his own number from an external/different phone
b. wait for the call to timeout and enter voicemail IVR
c. and then press '*' to enter the voicemail box

- considering that '*' can be a key that any caller could press during the
voicemail recording, it is important the each user in the system protects
his/her mailbox with a passcode. For example, a caller might end up
recording a message whose length is shorter than the 'min-record-len', and
then press '*' - in this case, instead of being asked to record a longer
message, he might actually find himself listening to the callee's recorded
voicemails. If a passcode is in place, although the caller doesn't get a
chance to record his message again, at least he wouldn't have access to
someone else's voicemail box