[Freeswitch-users] Transferring a PSTN call (via gateway) to an internal user

Chirag Desai c.desai at rxhost.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 01:24:21 MSD 2014

Hi all,

I have users registering to Kamailio and calls flowing to Freeswitch. I
have a multi-domain set up. Users are only able to call other users within
their domain.

I'm able to place calls with no issue between internal users on the same
domain e.g. 1000 to 1019.

Users are also able to call externally via an external gateway (sip
provider).

My problem arises when transferring calls, either blind or attended.

What's the best practice here? Should the call when transferred hit the
public.xml dialplan or the default.xml dialplan? I'm guessing this is
defined in the "context" for the gateway.

And once they're in the dialplan do I route them back out to kamailio then
back to FS? Or should FS find the user and try to connect the call.

I managed to get as far as making an oubound call, transferring (blind) to
another internal user. But upon transfer there is no sound either way. (I
had to hard code the domain to make this work).

I've been stuck here for a couple weeks now and would really appreciate
some help.

Thanks in advance for your help,