[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH forgets to send RE-INVITES - Help with Logfile Configuration

Markus von Arx mkvonarx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:39:58 MSD 2014

Hi

I have the following problem: our FreeSWITCH instance sometimes "forgets"
to send a SIP RE-INVITE (we use session timers to periodically send
RE-INVITEs on all our SIP channels) which then results in the remote party
dropping the SIP channel by sending a SIP BYE to the FreeSWITCH. By
sometimes I mean that this happens maybe once for several thousands of
RE-INVITEs. I scanned the FreeSWITCH log files but could not find any
reason why the FreeSWITCH did not send these RE-INVITEs. But maybe my
FreeSWITCH logfile configuration is not "good enough" to show the relevant
traces/logs.

Does anybody have an idea how to configure the FreeSWITCH logger that would
create more helpful logs that would help me find the cause for the missing
RE-INVITES?

Or any idea why FreeSWITCH forgets the RE-INVITES?

We're using FreeSWITCH 1.4.9 on Windows.

Our default global loglevel ("loglevel" in switch.conf.xml) is set to
"debug".

My logfile.conf.xml:
<configuration name="logfile.conf" description="File Logging">
<settings>
<param name="rotate-on-hup" value="true"/>
</settings>
<profiles>
<profile name="default">
<settings>
<param name="logfile" value="C:\Logs\FreeSwitch\freeswitch.log"/>
<param name="rollover" value="20971520"/>
<param name="maximum-rotate" value="100"/>
<param name="uuid" value="false" />
</settings>
<mappings>
<map name="all" value="all"/>