[Freeswitch-users] Save voicemail in opus format

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:27:07 MSK 2014

I will try to summarize to avoid previous conversations on this topic.
Supporting the recording and playback of opus format files is difficult to
impossible.  This issue stems from the fact that opus is a stateful codec.
This translates into the reality that attempting to simply inject the opus
bitstream into a current call can result in a mismatch of the parameters
giving an inaudible playback.  The stateful codecs not only vary from call
to call but can change within the same call.  I have already gone down this
road and it is a dead-end.

Jonathan