[Freeswitch-users] Moving Voicemails

John freeswitch at earthspike.net
Mon Nov 17 21:44:37 MSK 2014

I've done this and for exactly the same reason. I moved the files to the
domain-named path and updated the database using sqlite3. I found this
in my command history, but you should test first on a copy of the db.
It's for upgrading from 1.2.quite_old to 1.4.quite_recent.

$ sqlite3 voicemail_default.db
sqlite> update voicemail_msgs set file_path='/var/lib' ||
substr(replace(file_path,'172.16.12.34','pbx.somewhere.net'),11);
sqlite> update voicemail_msgs set
file_path=replace(file_path,'172.16.12.34','pbx.somewhere.net');
sqlite> update voicemail_prefs set greeting_path='/var/lib' ||
substr(replace(greeting_path,'172.16.12.34','pbx.somewhere.net'),11);

I cannot remember what the '11' was for; I've changed the IP address and
FQDN so you might need to tune this value; check with SELECTs in place
of the UPDATEs.

John