[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as load balancer in media proxy mode

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Tue Nov 11 21:37:04 MSK 2014

Hello,

sure you can do this. It's best to configure an inbound gateway on one
profile (e.g. external) and some outbound gateways to the internal
balanced freeswitch servers on onother profile (e.g. internal).
The problem is still: How do you balance? By round-robin or by
calculating the number of calls on the target server and then forward
the call to the server with the least load. Or by time (odd/even seconds)?

You may also consider to generate the dialplan via xml-curl (that's how
we do it):
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl
or get values from memcache (via an external app or the balanced
freeswitches' dialplans) and react on it in your load balancer dialplan.
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_memcache

If you have an internal DNS server, you can also set it up to balance
the call by round robin.

Best regards
Peter

On 11/11/14 18:59, babak wrote:

> sorry I meant freeswitch  in bypass_media as loadbalancer...
> is there any comment?
>

> Hi
> I want to use a freeswitch in media proxy mode as load balancer in
> front of two
> other freeswitch servers.
> Is there any sample configuration guide?
>
> Regards

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

With kind regards
Peter Steinbach