[Freeswitch-users] ESL: Which event is generated when an api command completed?

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Mon Nov 10 13:47:25 MSK 2014

Is there a way to pass a UUID (Event-UUID) for the application being executed by uuid_broadcast using the format: “uuid_broadcast <uuid> app[![hangup_cause]]::args [aleg|bleg|both]”
uuid_broadcast a69b7fc0-68c5-11e4-937f-4fc1451152d2 playback::/usr/src/freeswitch/sounds/prompts/welcome.wav both

I’m not sure how to format the “args” when executing playback or any other dialplan application.

The Wiki page for playback allows the playback data to contain variables enclosed in curly braces.https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_playback
But then I need to listen for PLAYBACK_STOP, which won’t be a problem, but a while back I read on the mailinglist not to use PLAYBACK_START or STOP because it wasn’t reliable?
I’m using version 1.2.13. Not sure to which version that applied.