[Freeswitch-users] DTLS-SRTP decryption

Luis F Urrea lfurrea at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:14:47 MSK 2014

Hi all,

So I have been doing some research on the feasibility of decrypting SRTP
traffic whose key has been negotiated through DTLS, such as WebRTC RTP
traffic.

It seems to me that even when having the private keys from the DTLS
negotiation, the SRTP master key is obtained through a TLS-exporter
mechanism as defined in RFC5705 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5705>, and
therefore  I haven't found any way to obtain this from a packet capture.

It only seems reasonable that an endpoint in the negotiation would provide
this. Is there anything that could be done in the FS side of the DTLS
negotiation to obtain the SRTP master key?

Thanks in advance for your input.