[Freeswitch-users] Confusing about FreeSWITCH callID variables

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Nov 7 01:23:21 MSK 2014

1. Unique-ID is the session UUID, this won't change at all during the
session (aka call).

2. Channel-Call-UUID is either the same as Unique-ID or the Unique-ID of
the session you're bridged to by looking at the source code.

3. sip_call_id will be the sip call_id of an inbound/outbound SIP call,
More than likely the outbound would match Unique-ID and on inbound it would
be what ever the remote party sets/sends.

The bigger question is what exactly are you trying to solve/understand?

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Israel Fink <ifink at machshevet.com> wrote:

>  I'm a bit confusing about the channel variables that represent the call
> ID.
>
> I find that there are three variables, 1) Unique-ID 2) Channel-Call-UUID
> 3) variable_sip_call_id, what is the different between this.
>
> The value of Channel-Call-UUID seems to be stable during the entire call,
> the value of Unique-ID in the begin it is the same as Channel-Call-UUID but
> when bridging it changes it value to another ID, then it comes back to the
> beginning value, i.m not clear when and why.
>
> The variable variable_sip_call_id many time don't have any value, and also
> it changes the value when bridging and then comes back to the previous
> value.
>
> I have looked for an explanation in FreeSWITCH wiki, but don't find.
>
> In the mailing list a have found an explanation here:
> http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2013-August/099035.html,
> but still not enough.
> Can someone give a good explanation about this variables,what is their
> purpose, and so on.
>

> Israel Fink - Developer
> Machshevet team

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest