[Freeswitch-users] eliminating fax header line

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri May 9 06:38:12 MSD 2014

Hi Sean,

What you said is not entirely true. A freshly generated FAX page should
have a header inserted in the US. If the system is forwarding a FAX its
page should already have a header, and the forwarding system should not
be adding an additional one.

Rules on FAX headers vary a lot between countries, and you really need
to check local regulations. Some specify very specific wording that
needs to be in the header.

Hi Bruce,

If the header info string is of zero length the header should not be
inserted.

Regards,
Steve