[Freeswitch-users] RTP timestamps jumping backwards

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:37:02 MSK 2014

Hi Anthony and team

I have a situation where the timestamp in a RTP stream generated by FS
jumps backwards. Version 1.2.22.

It seems the cause of this is that media from the A leg starts late. So in
the meantime we start generating media on the B leg with our own timestamp.

Then media starts arriving on the A leg so we relay it and we start using
that timestamp instead of our own.

FS sets the marker bit when this happens but I'm not sure this makes it OK
to turn back the timestamp. I think we should actually be using a new SSRC.

Any thoughts? (happy to raise a Jira ticket and verify in master).

Richard

--
Richard Brady
M: +44 (0)7771 623 348