[Freeswitch-users] Music detection

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Tue Mar 18 04:19:50 MSK 2014

"Real" music has frequencies much higher than most human voice, but that's
not going to help you, because the frequency range of the telephone
network, at least in North America, is about 300 to 3400 Hz. We don't
realize the missing frequencies because we're all so used to hearing poor
quality sound from telephones, that our brains automatically fill in the
missing frequencies.

Unfortunately for you, you still get that same low quality frequency range
when hearing music over the telephone, so there isn't an easy way to tell
music from speech.

--
Steve