[Freeswitch-users] OS X Wiki Updates March 2014

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Wed Mar 12 21:34:18 MSK 2014

Posting here for interested parties and in case someone searches for OS X here.

I finally completed the long over due 10.9 (I waited for Xcode 5.1) as well as updated all the installation pages. I intended to update the main page a lot but it has to wait for now. The install updates were overdue, many changes (some listed below) to make them better. As usual, I tested everything I wrote. Yes… I actually now have 8 different partitions for testing, 10.6 through 10.9 times two (one for homebrew one for alternate script testing). That is why I don't do macports, I would need 4 more partitions since I have to test them all! Homebrew has been perfect for FreeSwitch. I have been working since Dec to develop these changes and testing. Hope they help you!
Mario G

Changes to the Main OS X Page
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Setup_on_OS_X
	* Updated test dates as usual
	* Added 10.9 link
	* Added info about test systems (fresh installs)

Install Pages
OS X 10.9 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.9_Mavericks
	* New page.
	* New procedure to obtain Command Line Tools.

OS X 10.8 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.8_Mountain_Lion
	* Changes to bring info up to date.
	* Many changes to enhance readability and understanding.
	* Xcode now points directly to Xcode in app store for download.
	* Homebrew and alternate install clarification.

OS X 10.7 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.7_Lion
	* Changes to bring info up to date.
	* Many changes to enhance readability and understanding.
	* Xcode 4.6 changes since removal from app store.
	* Homebrew and alternate install clarification.
	* Warning about mod_v8 removal.

OS X 10.6 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.6_Snow_Leopard
	* Changes to bring info up to date.
	* Xcode removal from installation procedure.
	* Homebrew only install.
	* Warning about mod_v8 removal.
	* Previous changes:  Now uses Homebrew, Apple removing Command Line Tools for 10.6.
	* Moved 10.6 prerequisite instructions from alternate install page to here,

OS X Installation Alternatives illustrates how to install without Homebrew:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_Alternatives
	* Major changes/rewrite
	* Added install script
	* Added warnings
	* Added requirements  list.
	* Added makefile option (only thing I do not test)
	* Remove all 10.6 references
	* Changed macports comment

Old/Deleted Page
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Tips_for_Mac_OS_X
	* Comments with link to new page (tried to do timer redirect but I don't know how on the wiki)