[Freeswitch-users] Add Users Dynamically using ESL or XML

Adrian Pinder jpinder at outlook.com
Wed Mar 5 16:59:00 MSK 2014

Hi,

Here's my situation. I have 4 FreeSWITCH Servers and I need to create users across all the servers dynamically using an App built for Android/IOS.

Here's the approach I'm taking, please tell me if I'm on the correct path:
- Install OpenSIPS as a SIP proxy with MySQL
- Install another OpenSIPS server with MySQL and setup master/master mode for MySQL
- Configure FreeSWITCH to send/receive calls from both OpenSIPS servers

Please can someone suggest If my approach is incorrect and any help on the questions below would be appreciated.

- Should I add users to OpenSIPS MySQL database on the fly? - sample code would be helpful
- How will FreeSWITCH know about the users?
- Would it be better to use ESL or send a chunk of xml code to add the users?
- use PHP to write to add the users to the XML directory then send a reload xml?
- How is the connection between OpenSIPS and FreeSWITCH made to look up users or they users are found using OpenSIPS sip signaling but the media is relay via FreeSWITCH

Any help would be welcomed and thanks in advance for talking the time to read