[Freeswitch-users] RTCP and OPUS

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Mon Jun 30 19:52:38 MSD 2014

Kamil,

  Opus (at least via SILK) has it's own internal means for dynamic
bandwidth utilization, FEC, and PLC. It's a significantly better
implementation when done properly on both sides but that requires a
lot of work including integration with the jitter buffer to peek
frames, etc.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Kamil Nigmatullin
<kamil.nigmatullin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> What I basicly want is to have real adaptive codec on both sides (client and
> FS), that could exchange link quality information through RTCP.
>
> As far as I see, after a brief looking through some parts of source code of
> FS, mod_opus works as static codec and don't change its behavior when
> Internet link is changing because it has no communication with RTCP module.
> Could anybody of developers recommend me the most efficient way to deploy
> this communication process through Freeswitch Core? Is there a way to export
> and import information from/to module/core during the call?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Kristian Kielhofner