[Freeswitch-users] Command line parameter -waste

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:41:18 MSD 2014

Steven,

Thanks for your quick answer and clear explanation.  I already have the
core database in RAM.  I was just wondering if I need it at all, since I
don't use 'show calls' or 'show channels'.

There are a few other Core Parameters in switch.conf that I would like to
know when they  should be tweaked from their default configuration:

max-db-handles:  Should there be one handle every N simultaneous calls?
 What is N?
initial-event-threads:  Does it hurt or help to bump this up to 2 or 3 on
an 8 core machine, even if the WARNING "Create additional event dispatch
thread" hasn't come up?
db-handle-timeout:  What symptoms would indicate that this needs tuning?
 Should it somehow be scaled when max-db-handles is changed?Thanks,

Guillermo

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer