[Freeswitch-users] No audio on both sides. Call is made and received successfully but there is no audio.

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Mon Jun 23 01:24:31 MSD 2014

Hi Anuraq,

Welcome!  Now the fun begins.

At first glance it looks like you probably need to forward the RTP ports to
FS.  I believe the default port range is 16384 to 32768 and that setting
should be in <FS-dir>/conf/auload_configs/switch.conf.xml.

RTP is what the media (audio/video) goes over.  Your two phones are on the
same network but FS is on a different subnet, and looking at the SDP, FS is
proxying the audio from that different subnet, (the default behavior) so
those ports will need to be forwarded.  Make sure that those ports are
allowed through Ubuntu's firewall as well.

You may want to consider tightening up the default RTP port range so the
ports you need to forward don't conflict with anything else.  I believe that
you'll need two for each channel, so change it to whatever works for your
intended setup and forward those ports to the FS box, I'd probably reduce
the range to 512 or 1024 ports but that's just me.

It appears that you're already forwarding SIP port 5060.  If you want FS to
accept calls from "outside" (A DID for example), then you'll want to forward
port 5080 as well with the default setup.  If you want to enable TLS,
additional SIP profiles, etc. then you'll need to forward additional ports.

Cheers,

- Phil

  _____

Hi All,

I installed FS on *VM*(Ubuntu) running on a window server.
I have Twinkle softphones installed on 2 different machines in same network.

Both twinkle softphones are registered and connected to FS. When I make a
call from one twinkle to other, Call is successfully made and received. But
there is no audio on any side. then Call is disconnected after 32 seconds
automatically.

I logged a defect on JIRA but its closed. They say its a Network issue.

I have pasted the *siptrace* log here -->
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/22780
JIRA link ->  https://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-6618?filter=-2

Let me know if more trace/log/info is required.
Please suggest me what needs to be done in order to mitigate the problem.

--
Anurag Rana
http://newbie42.blogspot.in/