[Freeswitch-users] Using freeswitch as Generic SIP SBC/RtpProxy without predefined endpoints

Taisto Qvist taisto.qvist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:57:08 MSD 2014

Hi,

I am an OpenSIPS/Kamailio user that has spent the whole day trying to
figure out which software is most suitable to build an SBC that only acts
as a full b2bua with rtp-relay, with an undefined number of
destinations(entire domains with lots of unknown proxies) on each side.

I've been looking at yate, freeswitch, SEMS, but I am overwhelmed by the
gazillions of configuration-files that seem to be needed.

I have absolutely NO need of pbx/user functionality, just a B2BUA and rtp-proxy
capabilities(with full codec-transparency), with the addition that I must
be able to add some custom logic to decide the DNS or IP(v6) address of the
next-hop sip-node.

All examples I've found on freeswitch SBC config, has predefined
gateways/trunks/proxies as "predefined next-hops", and I want the SBC to be
able to send anywhere, depending on custom application logic.

I'd stick with kamailio/rtp-proxy and the standard topology-hiding module,
but unfortunately I need the full topology hiding of a b2bua.

Is this easily achievable with Freeswitch?

Any help with be immensely appreciated!

Regards
Taisto Qvist